Summer is here and that means it’s time for the Trail Rides USA kids Wrangler Educational Day Camp at SouthFork Ranch! Stop horsing around, get ready to mount up and learn what it takes to be a Wrangler!
Our equine educational summer developmental camps are designed by professionals with a priority on equine education, Western riding advancement, increasing overall knowledge and understanding of horses combined with secure hands-on learning.
This three-day educational horse camp is located on the historic Southfork Ranch and is designed for students age 8 and over. Under the direction of qualified & experienced instructors, each student will not only have the opportunity to ride, but also experience hands-on training!
Students will learn the proper fundamentals of Western riding along with; correct grooming, saddling and caring for their assigned horse. All of our qualified instructors have years of equine experience and training that include both Western & English equitation as well as achievements in equine competitions.
If there are any safety concerns such, as but not limited to; weather, equine health or rider health, individual concessions will be made at the digression of the staff. The scheduled ride time will be supplemented with additional time for education and bonding for the horses.
- TIME: 8 am until Noon
- DAYS: Session 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Session 2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- COST: $325 per student.
- Hair secured out of face
- No baggy clothes
- Students should bring their own water
- Face mask
- Must be Certified Equine helmet (Helmets are provided & disinfected daily)
The state of Texas has set safety guidelines for day camps. Below are a few safety protocols we will be enforcing to ensure the safety of your student(s).
- Parents may choose to stay in their vehicles at pickup and drop off.
- Staff will wear face masks when in the barn.
- All bathroom and indoor surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected and maintained.
- Students will maintain a safe distance from each other while in the barn and may wear masks if they chose to do so.
- Any student or staff member that has had any COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed on premises.